Monday, August 29, 2011

Softsoap: Pomegranate & Mango Body Wash vs Bath Bar. A Review.


Softsoap's Juicy Pomegranate with Mango Infusions is one of the only bath products that I am totally possessive about. I'm happy to share everything and anything in my stockpile. Anyone that stops by my house usually leaves with a bag full of personal care items. They can have anything, except my SoftSoap Pomegranate/Mango Body Wash. These treasured bottles are carefully hidden away. I don't even share with my husband, and why would he want to use it anyway? It's smells like fruit!
Plus, he has a supply of Dove, Nivea, Old Spice, and Gillette body washes to last him through retirement!

Why is he after my body wash? The scent is intoxicating. The base is a sweet fruity scent with added tart notes that keep it from smelling too candy like. The color is a deep attractive ruby red. The lather is really nice and it rinses well with no residue. My only wish is that the scent lingered after bathing. If Colgate would make a corresponding body spray, I would have to stockpile that, too! I've actually written to the company, and they responded a body spray is not in their plans. (I found a somewhat similar sweet/tart scent in Love & Toast's Plum Persimmon Perfume)

Yesterday at Target, I bought a 6-pack of new SoftSoap Juicy Pomegranate with Mango Infusions Bar Soap on sale for $3.99. I was intrigued, even though I didn't have a coupon (well, I did have a $0.50/2 multipack - I didn't want to buy 12 bars to save $0.50)


I unwrapped the package and removed the first box. I could smell that familiar scent I was hoping for. I expected/hoped the bar would be clear (like a glycerin soap) but instead it's a creamy pink/peachy color. It has a notch on the bottom ( for better grip? to save a bit of money on material costs?)  and a nice curve.

I used the bar in my bath and it produced a nice, creamy lather. I like the tactile feeling of lathering up a  washcloth with an actual bar of soap, but something was off. While there is the slight sweet/tart fragrance I hoped for, there's also a scent I remembered from childhood. Does anyone else remember Camay? The scent of Camay is pleasant enough on it's own, but when combined with the Pomegranate and Mango, is disappointing. I noticed a very slight residue, and similar to the body wash, the fragrance did not stay with me out of the bath.

Final verdict. If you are as obsessive/possessive as I am about your SoftSoap Pomegranate/Mango Body Wash, stick with it. Nothing, including the same scent in bar form will ever smell the same.

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Please update your bookmark to AllThoseThingsILove.com for the most recent deals and matchups like this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment