Sunday, January 30, 2011

CVS Cares. Rollin' the ECBs! 1/29



I wasn't really thrilled with CVS sale this week. I checked my usual sources Hip2Save and Simply CVS and nothing really piqued my interest, but I had some film to develop* and $3.99 ECB burning a hole in my pocket so, I was off.
 


My CVS has a 90% OFF bin in the very back of the store. Sadly, it has been occupied by the same 6 bottles of "Fog Juice" for the last few weeks. Tonight, I found a lonely Maybelline Holiday Edition "The Colossal Volume Express" Mascara for $0.74 hiding among the 2010 Graduate Gift Bags ;)

I bought:
Dove Visible Care Body Wash $1.99
Dove Visible Care Body Wash $1.99
Dove Visible Care Body Wash $1.99
Dove Visible Care Body Wash $1.99
Maybelline Holiday Mascara   $0.74

I used (4) $1 off Dove Body Wash mfr coupons
--------------------------------------
Total Product + tax $9.46
$4 in coupons
$3.99 in ECB

Total OOP  $1.47. 
 (I did forget about a $1 off Maybelline mascara coupon I had. I hate when I do that...)

While waiting for the photos, I went out to my car to my binders, and found a couple of coupons that might work with this weeks sale.  I thought I had used all of the "Buy One Herbal Essence, get a Free Aussie Styler" coupons, but I had two left! (Unfortunately, I didn't know the ECB deal was limit one. Damn!)
And I found another $5 ECB!

I bought:
Herbal Essence Shampoo    $2.99
Herbal Essence Shampoo    $2.99
Aussie Instant Freeze           $2.99
Aussie Sun-touched Shine    $2.99
---------------------------------
Total Product + Tax           $13.01
I used:
$6.46 in coupons  (coupons were B1G1F, but the cashier took the max value listed on the coupon of $3.23)
$5 in ECB
Total OOP $1.55 Plus received $2 ECB!


Pictures were still not ready, so I checked the 90% off bin again, and found 2 Maybelline Lip Glosses for $0.64 hiding under the Fog Juice!
I spotted an Almay Foundation 75% off clearance item and a $2 coupon in my wallet!
Then, I noticed a shelf tag that read, "Buy $10 in Physician's Formula and get a $7 ECB"
I found a PF "Happy Booster" Blush for $11.99 that had a $3 Peelie attached!


I bought:

Maybelline Lip Gloss          $0.64
Maybelline Lip Gloss          $0.64
LaCross Tweezers             $1.49
Film Developing                 $2.19
Valentine's Stickers            $0.99
Hershey Kit Kat                $0.89
Hershey Kit Kat                $0.89
Hershey Reese's                $0.89  
Hershey Reese's                $0.89
Almay Foundation             $2.62
PF Happy Booster Blush     $11.99
---------------------------------
Total Product + Tax           $25.92
I used:
$3 PF Peelie coupon
$2 Almay coupon
(2) B1G1F Reese's/KitKat = $1.78

$6.78 in coupons 
$2 in ECB
Total OOP $17.44  Plus received $7 ECB. 

Total spent $20.46


So, hopefully next week I'll find some good deals for that $7 ECB and $10 CVS Gift Card (that I bought for $4 and forget about until now).  

*Yeah, film ;)  My husband was cleaning up the home office and found a waterproof disposable camera we had taken on vacation 6 YEARS AGO!

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Please update your bookmark to AllThoseThingsILove.com for the most recent deals and matchups like this! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you found quite a few things for not expecting any bargains on the trip. I often think it is a slow week at CVS, and by the time I am done I have a cart full of stuff. Thanks for linking up your CVS shopping trip at Simply CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant help but admit that as I read this, I wondered who still uses film... I'm glad you explained it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - yeah, I thought the same thing when writing the post!
    When I went into CVS, I handed the disposable camera to the Photo Tech, and asked "what can you do with this?"
    He asked if I wanted prints, and I guess I gave him a blank stare ;) He said he could give it to me on a disc and thats what I did!

    ReplyDelete