Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Zenni Optical - Prescription Glasses and Sunglasses starting at $6.95

Imagine these as sunglasses with dark amber tint....$16.85 SHIPPED!

I've worn prescription glasses since I was 7 years old. Up until about 2 years ago, I would get a pair at LensCrafters, pick out the frames I liked, and end up spending $300-400. Then I'd get a pair of prescription sunglasses for about $300. And  those I would wear for as long as I could see out of them, or until they broke or were lost.
I was always jealous of my friends who had tons of cute sunglasses.Then, I discovered glasses through the internet.

This pair will cost me about $16.85 shipped at ZenniOptical! So that means I can get another pair! And, not have to worry about breaking them or losing them. Or getting bored of them ;)




The main things about ordering prescription glasses through the internet:

  • make sure you get a copy of your prescription
  • make sure you can read your prescription on the form
  • ask what your PD (Pupillary Distance) measurement is. Its not listed on the prescription, but its a necessary measurement your optometrist will take, and you will need to order.. You can measure this with help from a friend, (its the distance between the center of your left pupil to the center of your right pupil), but you will feel better having a professional measure for you. 
Once you place your order, you can expect to wait 2 weeks to receive your glasses. I have never had any issues with single vision lenses, Progressives I'll get at Costco. But for sunglasses? It's a no-brainer. 

There are other Online Optometrists. Coastal Contacts is another, and they often have FaceBook giveaways for free glasses. 

Here's a forum discussion on FatWallet with more testimonials. The thread has over 2400 replies. Its been going since 2007. 



THIS BLOG HAS MOVED! Please update your bookmark to AllThoseThingsILove.com for the most recent deals and matchups like this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment